Al Qaeda: Media Strategy from 1988 to the Present
- Miles, Hugh. Al-Jazeera. (London: Abacus, 2005).
- Weimann, Gabriel. Terror on the Internet. (Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace, 2006). The most authoritative account of terrorists' use of the Internet.
- Coll, Steve and Glasser, Susan. "Terrorists Turn to the Web as a Base of Operations." Washington Post. August 7, 2005.
- Coll. Steve and Glasser, Susan. "The Web as Weapon." Washington Post. August 9, 2005.
- Jones, David Martin. "Out of Bali: Cybercaliphate Rising." The National Interest. Spring 2003.
- Kimmage, Daniel and Ridolfo, Kathleen. "Iraqi Insurgent Media: The War of Images and Ideas." Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 2007.
- Lia, Brynjar. "Al-Qaeda Online: Understanding Jihadist Internet Infrastructure." Jane's Intelligence Review. January 1, 2006.
- Lynch, Marc. "Al Qaeda's Media Strategies." The National Interest, summer 2006.
- Wallace-Wells, Benjamin. "Private Jihad." New Yorker. May 29, 2006.
- International Crisis Group. "In Their Own Words: Reading the Iraqi Insurgency." Middle East Report N°50. February 15, 2006.
- Khatchadourian, Raffi. "Azzam the American: The Making of an Al Qaeda Homegrown." The New Yorker. January 22, 2007.
- Rogan, Hannah. "Abu Reuter and the E-Jihad." Georgetown Journal of International Affairs summer/fall 2007.
- Rumsfeld, Donald. "New Realities in the Media Age." Speech at the Council on Foreign Relations, February 16, 2006.
- Torres, Manuel R., Jordán, Javier and Horsburgh, Nicola. "Analysis and Evolution of the Global Jihadist Movement Propaganda." Terrorism and Political Violence 18.3.
- Weimann, Gabriel. "Virtual disputes: the use of the internet for terrorist databases." Studies in Conflict and Terrorism 29:7, 2006.